-->

12.19.2010

There's always room for Dessert!


Especially when you don't even bother to eat dinner. In second year of uni my housemates and I started our own traditional way of celebrating the holidays, with a dessert party. Yep, that's right, a dessert party. It's when you replace dinner with dessert. And a lot of desserts, might I add. There are five of us that live in the house, and we each make our own special dessert for the house. So a couple weeks ago we had our third annual dessert party, which we all agreed was our most successful yet. We had been looking forward to it all semester. I had known for months what I would be making because I found the recipe in the Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey cookbook that I received for my birthday. I made, wait for it.... chocolate soup with cinnamon toasted croutons. In terms of rich desserts, this takes the cake. It's basically melted chocolate and caramel. YUM. We actually ended up with such a great variety of tastes, textures and dishes it was fantastic! And of course, it was accompanied by a viewing of Love Actually (also tradition). So check out our night of indulgence, and try not to drool all over your keyboard...

Baked apples stuffed with cranberries, nuts, honey & spice

Can`t tell from the pictures but they`re actually massive. When you break into them, the inside spills out and the apple is super soft.

Chocolate soup with cinnamon toasted croutons

A little spoon of vanilla ice cream and a cinnamon sugar rim perfects the dish

 The croutons - made from pound cake


 torta rogel aka milhojas - an Argentian dessert

Thin slices of puff pastry layered with dulce de leche

What my housemate calls `Sex in a pan`

Layers of cream, chocolate pudding and cream cheese atop a buttery walnut crust

And to finish off the night - Butter Rum Ripple
(or what I called butterber)

Think you`ll make this your family`s tradition too

No comments:

Post a Comment