-->

12.18.2010

Escape from the Studio



I spend so much of my time in the studio, it's like my second home. Most of the fine art students basically live there. But outside of the studio, we never do anything together as a group so this holiday I decided to host a BFA potluck at my place. Last week we had about 17 people over at my house, accompanied by an array of hot and cold dishes. We ended up with such a delicious variety it proved quite successful in the end. I made appetizers: Vietnamese spring rolls with peanut sauce, and goat cheese & honey toasts. It's so nice being able to spend time together outside of the studio, not covered in ink and oil paints, and talk about something other than our studio work... though we always end up talking about it anyways. And always a plus of hosting potlucks: the leftovers! We had such an overload of cheese; I have actually eaten an unhealthy amount of brie in the last week.


Goats Cheese & Honey Toasts

I'm not going to write an actual recipe, because it's basically all there in the title (I don't know what they're actually called, they probably have some french name)

Take a french baguette (or any type of loaf you like) and slice it widthways. Align them on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Broil them for 1-3 minutes, and take them out, flip them over and do the same thing again. They should be nice and crisp now. Spread each with about 1 tsp of honey, followed by your desired amount of goats cheese. Then top them off with a little more honey. Bake them at 350F for a few minutes (5-10), just until the cheese is starting to melt. Serve immediately.

Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Cabbage with carrot and apple

Flatbread

Lionhead Meatballs

Tortellini

Sweet Potato Pie - first time I've had this!!

No-bake Berry Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment