-->

10.10.2011

Tapas

I'm really sad that I don't have a Thanksgiving post today.

Not being in Canada and living without a kitchen (it brings tears to my eyes to even type it) has made celebrating Thanksgiving with a turkey feast impossible. I apologize for the lack of recipes and pictures this weekend. It's especially sad because I dearly LOVE autumn flavours and all the dishes, desserts and ingredients you find at this time of year. Pumpkin, squash, yams... I adore you!

I did have turkey this weekend though... in the form of a sandwich, while camping in the mountains. And tonight I watched the first Friends Thanksgiving episode. Not a bad way to celebrate. I do hope to cook a Thanksgiving dinner next month with the Americans that are over here in the south of France as well.

Anyways... HAPPY THANKSGIVING CANADA!!

Hope you're eating twice as much for me at home.



So basically... I love tapas. I mean, how could you not?

You're at a bar, you order some drinks, and along comes a plate of appetizers.

I love having tapas as a meal, it's such an enjoyable way to eat and you get to try so many different dishes in one sitting.

Granada was definitely the cheapest place for tapas - drinks were 1euro and they came with a plate. Of course, the more drinks you ordered, the tastier the tapas became.

One night in Barcelona we went to an all-you-can-eat Tapas bar.... all-you-can-eat tapas are dangerous. I'm a little embarassed to tell you how many plates we shared between the 4 of us. I took pictures of each and so when I counted them all at the end we apparently had tried 17 types of tapas. In my defense, we didn't finish all of them and they were our first tapas in Spain! We were really excited okay?! And hungry... We really got to taste everything, from Albóndigas (meatballs in tomato sauce) to Pimientos de Padrón (fried green peppers)

Mixed salad, Ensaladilla rusa (Russian salad) and calamares

Frittata

I cannot remember the name of these - deep fried and stuffed with fish, they're pretty tasty

Octopus - yum!

Shark?!

Patatas Bravas

This is a terrible photo but it's the only one I have of empanadas - one of my favourite tapas, and these were made by my friend's mother - delicious!

Writing this post is really making me crave tapas again.

It's a good thing I live only about 3 hours from the Spanish border...

4 comments:

  1. mmmmmm tapas!!!
    I made empanadas on sunday, gave some to my bro to freeze, and we have a nice abundance here in the freezer too! Think we'll have that for din tonight :) And i do love tapas, can't believe you tried shark?!!?! is that legal?!?!
    I've also always wanted to try octopus in spain- was it good? I Feel like done wrong it could get chewy, but looked great.
    For thanksgiving (my bro and I were alone: parents went to visit my sister), we BBQ'd turkey legs (half as a joke because they are SO BIG!) but I also made cranberry sauce, roasted carrots + squash, and we had wine! yumm. not quite the feast of our palace but good nonetheless! That was sunday, and then monday Delayne invited me to her fam's T-giving (Real feast) so that was really nice. Anyways, sounds like you are having a marvelous time, as always, and can't wait to hear more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. also I am thinking of trying to make pumpkin cheesecake (we have a mini pumpkin here.. trying to decide what to do with it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea if that was legal... it was good but I wouldn't eat it again, because of the fact that it is shark. The octopus was cooked well in a delicious and somewhat spicy sauce.

    I love your version of Thanksgiving with your bro, but yes nothing can quite compare to the old days.

    Pumpkin cheesecake sounds BRILLIANT
    Do make it, and tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blog post is just completely quality and informative. Many new facts and information which I have not heard about before. Keep sharing more blog posts.

    ir de tapas

    ReplyDelete