-->

4.26.2011

Aglio Dulce Pizza

Sorry I locked my blog for a couple days, I was completely redesigning it! I'm still working a few things out but I hope you like the new look!


Sometimes the strangest combinations have the tastiest results - our apple garlic butter is proof

Remember when I went to Woodenheads and made my own pizza? On it I had apple butter and roasted garlic. One bite and I was sold. The two together are actually amazing. I knew I wouldn't be able to go through life without tasting it again. Seriously, I'm obsessed.


My onion-loving housemate and I decided to have a flatbread dinner. We made two different types, one of them pictured in this post.

We used naan bread and topped it with: caramelized red onions (lots, of course), toasted walnuts, goat's cheese, sundried tomatoes and sea salt. Underneath all of this was a thick, warm bed of apple garlic butter that we made ourselves.

Our own original Aglio Dulce Pizza

The flatbread was fantastic and definitely one I will make again. All the flavours and textures blended together wonderfully in a crisp pizza. And that apple garlic butter.... oh, I was in heaven. We made it again a couple days later (a larger batch) and we used it on burgers, sandwiches - anything really. It didn't last long.



Trust me, you all need to make this and try it. You will not regret it.


Apple Garlic Butter
(makes about 1/2 cup - enough for one flatbread)

2 apples
4 cloves of garlic


Preheat the oven to 350F

First take the garlic cloves and wrap them in tin foil with a little drizzle of olive oil.

Roast it in the oven for about 30 minutes or until it becomes fragrant and the cloves are soft.

While the garlic is in the oven, peel and chop up the apples into small pieces. Place them in a small pot over medium heat with 1/4 cup water. Cook until they become soft and tender.

Take the apples off the heat and blend or mash them into a puree.

When the garlic is roasted, take the cloves out of the foil and mash them. Then mash the garlic into the apple puree.

Enjoy on flatbreads, toast, sandwiches, etc.


1 comment:

  1. Love the new look for the blog! I might try this recipe today...

    ReplyDelete