-->

4.28.2012

Bus to: Berlin



Berlin is huge

Like I mean vast. Everything is so spread out in the city, which is filled with empty spaces and large, abandonned buildings all splashed in colourful spraypaint.



I think Berlin is one of the most interesting cities I have ever visited. With it's long and complex history, it has evolved in a very unique way. I loved exploring the areas of the East and Kreuzberg, discovering many hidden gems.


But when it comes to eats, it was probably the least exciting of the three. When you go to Berlin you have to try two things: currywurst and doner kebabs. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of any of the food I ate while I was there... surprising no? I don't like borrowing pictures, so you can look at some grafitti instead:


Currywurst

Currywurst is not all it's cracked up to be. It is basically a sausage drenched in a ketchup-like sauce and topped with curry powder. I was a bit disappointed.


Doner Kebabs

So cheap and SO GOOD. If you go to Berlin you are not allowed to leave without eating one (or 5).



Bread

They have a huge variety of different types of bread, which vary greatly from those at home and here in France. You can find a lot of dense and very dark breads, filled with oats and seeds. A couple slices of this in the morning and you're good to go!


Turkish Cakes

With the large Turkish population in Berlin, the city is spotted with many Turkish restaurants and bakeries. I ate the best baklava I've ever had while I was wondering the streets of Kreuzberg.



I highly recommend visiting Berlin. Go for the incredible art, the endless grafitti, the early morning clubbing, and maybe a doner kebab.


2 comments:

  1. What a great city description :)
    I like your writing, and I am so excited to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work. Bus Service Berlin

    ReplyDelete