-->

7.24.2011

Cinnamon Rolls


When I'm at work unpacking boxes, folding clothes and organizing merchandise, my mind wanders... more often than not, to food. I have a lot of time to think about it, which always causes hunger to strike at an early hour! My coworker and I often find ourselves on the topic and she came up with the brilliant idea of starting a 'workbake'. Each week (or every 2 weeks) we would all take turns to bring in baked treats. She started us off with some confetti cupcakes topped with pretty pink frosting. Next was my turn - oh what to bake?!


I really wanted to use yeast so I decided to make cinnamon rolls. Ahh so gooey and sticky - perfect for retail work ;)

I have used this recipe before. I like it because it uses instant yeast, it's simple and it doesn't take three hours! You only have to let the dough rest for 10 minutes and then rise for 30 (it says, but I waited 45). And the best part about this recipe? The result is to die for.


Oh my goodness these were good. The entire batch disappeared in a day and the girls at work all loved them. These fragrant rolls are buttery and sweet, warm and soft. They are delicious on their own as well as drizzled with a glaze. I highly recommend you have one warm and fresh from the oven. So. Good.

Hello Beautiful

Cinnamon Rolls recipe found here: All Recipes



Can you believe that I am leaving Canada today?! I sure can't. Where has the time gone?

I am (almost) all packed up with 1 large suitcase, 1 large backpack, 1 carry-on suitcase, 1 ski bag, 1 ski boots bag and a purse. Phew! I will also be sporting my ski jacket slung over my arm, and all my warm winter gear is shoved in with my skis. I hope everything goes well at the airport!

Tonight at midnight I'll be flying off to Liverpool.

This blog is going to double as a travel blog while I'm away. I hope I will still have time to post recipes but I definitely won't be baking as much as I do here at home :( BUT! I will be able to post tons of pictures of the amazing food I'll eat in Spain, Italy, France, everywhere!!

Since I'll be on the go for a while, updating will probably prove quite tricky but I promise to do my best!

In the meantime, try out this recipe (just do it!)

Next update will be from across the pond, and probably featuring a hot plate of fish n chips.



I love you Canada

A bientot!


No comments:

Post a Comment