-->

2.01.2011

Gnocchi Adventure


A fellow foodie of mine invited me over to try our hands at gnocchi! I had never made it before, but my friend had, and knew a few recipes to work from. We made a large batch. And I mean LARGE. We made so much it took us a grand total of two hours! But I'd say it was all worth it when we finally sat down to eat. Gnocchi is such a wonderful comfort food, especially during this ridiculously cold Canadian winter. Since we started with such a large number of potatoes, we didn't really follow exact measurements with a recipe, just kinda added what seemed right. So sadly... I have no recipe for you. Hopefully I will make it again soon though (a smaller batch) and share it with you :)

A neverending field of gnocchi

I have yet to perfect the gnocchi texture...

Bon Appetit!

We are hoping to have another cooking adventure this semester, and I'm currently trying to decide what to make... any suggestions?

6 comments:

  1. Can I ask you to make Risotto? xP
    - J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gnocchi! I wish I could have a neverending field of gnocchi sitting in front of me too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I've only made gnocchi once and it didn't turn out very well.

    I agree with Justin - risotto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, can you believe that I still have some left in the freezer? That proves how large of a batch it was.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!! OMG I LOVE GNOCCHI!!! when i was in italy that is all i ate ahahaha! I had an italian friend show me how to make it and it is so great! I actually already planned on making it tonight and then i read this so of course i must comment! I like for a sauce just butter and parmigianno regianno (sp?) ahahah!

    Love the blog girl!

    ReplyDelete