-->

9.14.2010

Tikka tikka tikka


I love trying new flavours from around the world. My family on the other hand… does not. Last week we all went out for dinner in downtown Toronto. Now, getting my family to all cooperatively decide on a restaurant is mission: impossible. They are all picky and don’t like to try new types of food. You can imagine my frustration as I made a list of various eclectic restaurants to try out, and all my Dad wants to eat is steak and fries. Finally after hours (I’m not exaggerating) of researching and arguing I was able to convince them to try an Indian restaurant called Aroma. It was a cute little place on King St. West, with lovely décor and pleasant wait staff. The food? I have one word for you: YUM. I haven’t eaten that much food in a long time, I just kept stuffing myself. From appetizer to dessert it was simply amazing. To start we enjoyed samosas, bhel chaupati and chicken pakora. My sister had no idea what to order so she had the butter chicken, a classic, and I had the chicken tikka masala, which was fantastic. Though my family was quite unsure about the menu at first, they quickly finished their plates when the food was served (which came as no surprise). Indian food has to be one of my favourites, and I am recommending Aroma Restaurant to everyone :)


Vegetable Samosas

Pretty vegetables :)

Chicken Tikka Masala

Warm, buttery Naan

1 comment:

  1. YUM! these all look scrumptious! I definitely want me some indian food! Although I must say in Mr. Bryson's defense that steak and fries can be pretty wonderful too. STEAK BLOG! haha just kidding (kind of). I'm glad you got the fam to expand horizons a bit :) Can't wait for your next post!!!

    ReplyDelete